Interdisciplinary activities (MOA)
IDA primarily focuses on interdisciplinary research of relations between new technologies and human, on knowledge transfer between technical sciences and humanities, and on methodology of interdisciplinary research. Within NTC, IDA builds a transdisciplinary research discourse on the border between technical and non-technical sciences, which makes NTC such a research centre that is able to reflect its own outputs influencing human life on both individual and social levels.
The logo of IDA symbolizes four realms - computer science, engineering, biology, mathematics - embedded within what they all aim at in our work - human. It is then enriched by the metaphore of the well-known Mori's Uncanny Valley curve expressing a hypothesis about man-machine affinity. Our logo thus holistically symbolizes what we do.
IDA primarily focuses on interdisciplinary research of relations between new technologies and human, and on knowledge transfer between technical and non-technical sciences. Specifically:
- Human Cognitive Enhancement (HCE)
- Technology Assessment of intelligent human-machine interfaces and HCE systems
- Quality of Experience (QoE) research in man-machine interaction systems
- human identity related to converging technologies
- research of alternative formal systems (Vopěnka's Alternative Set Theory and Béziau's Universal Logic) for description of natural and artificial thought
- application of new technologies in archeology
- methodology of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research
The activities of the department include:
- Interdisciplinary Seminar
- Field interdisciplinary seminar in Nečtiny
- Publication of books and Talks
- Conference BEYOND AI